Master of Arts in Education: Getting Started

To apply to Truman’s Master of Arts in Education program, you must complete a strong liberal arts and sciences undergraduate degree in the major of your choice at Truman or another institution (or you can also transfer to Truman prior to earning the bachelor’s degree). Typically, students apply to our MAE program during their senior year at Truman.

Working with our certification officer, you design an academic experience that fits your aspirations. Upon entering the MAE program, you select the area of specialization that matches your career goals:

You may also work toward add-on certifications to your specialization area:

  • ESOL ([Teaching] English to Speakers of Other Languages)
  • Reading Specialist
  • Gifted

For information on State Authorization and licensure requirements in a particular state or territory, see State Authorization.