Parent FAQ and Resources
AcademicsExplore Academic Resources
Consistently ranked among the nation’s best colleges in publications such as U.S. News & World Report, Truman has forged a reputation as a public university that provides a private school experience at an affordable price. Truman’s educational journey prepares future generations for meaningful careers and lives.
The quickest, easiest way for you to receive information about your student’s grades or other student information is to ask your student to provide it to you. To learn more about FERPA, see FERPA Information for Parents.
Campus SafetyDepartment of Public Safety
- Sign in to TruView.
- Under Tools, click on Personal Information Menu.
- Click on Update Emergency Text Messaging Information (RAVE).
- Enter or update the information; a maximum of three phones can be registered to receive texts.
- Click on Save or Submit Changes.
Health and WellnessStudent Health Center
Any deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance, or charges not covered by insurance will be placed on the student’s University Account after the claims have been completely processed by insurance.
Costs, Scholarships, and Financial AidCost and Financial Aid
There are additional foundation scholarships available to currently enrolled students, financed by the contributions of alumni, friends, parents, faculty, staff, campus organizations, foundations, and corporations who believe in Truman’s important mission. Students can apply for the majority of these scholarships in February.
Beyond Truman’s assistance to students, there are also many needs-based financial aid opportunities through grants and loans. You must apply for Federal and State Aid annually to receive any grant or loan funds by filing the FAFSA.
When will we know about competitive scholarships for an incoming freshman? When will we know our complete financial aid awards?
- How do I set up my parents/others as authorized users so they will be able to view my bill?
- Go to truview.truman.edu and log in.
- In the Tools section, click Student > Student Finances & Student Employment.
- In the Student Finances section, click on Student Account Suite.
- Click on Authorized Users on the right under My Profile Setup.
- Follow the instructions to enter email addresses for parents/others who need access to online bills.
Authorized Users are sent an email notification of passwords and log-ins. They are also notified by email when a new bill is posted or when they make a payment through the website.
Housing and DiningResidence Life
- wired and wireless internet
- computer labs/workstations
- common area kitchens
- vending machines
- laundry rooms
- cable access
Please explore our Residence Life website to learn more about each residence hall, amenities, dining options, and rates.
If problems persist, students will typically start by talking to a Student Advisor or Apartment Manager to try and resolve the issues, but can eventually end in working with the Hall Director to change roommates. Roommate changes can take place after the second week of regular semester classes.
Our Campus Dining Services will work with your student on his/her dietary restrictions to try and accommodate as best we can. Reach out to someone on our team with any special concerns or requests.
Visiting TrumanAdmissions Visitors Center
If you are visiting during the weekend, you are able to park in any open campus lot.