Truman’s exceptional value has received national recognition from news sources such as Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, Forbes Magazine, and The Princeton Review.
- Boasting some of the lowest tuition and required fees in Missouri, full-time students taking 12-17 credit hours pay a flat fee.
- Truman’s competitive out-of-state tuition is less than many surrounding state universities’ in-state tuition.
- Our alumni have the lowest default rate on student loans of all public colleges and universities in Missouri.
- Approximately half our seniors graduate without any federal student loan debt because of the many ways we help you fund your education.
|Type of Cost||In-State Cost||Out-of-State Cost|
|Room & Board (estimate) *||9,012||9,012|
|Required Fees (estimate)**||804||804|
|Total Direct Costs||$17,612||$24,806|
Graduate Studies Costs
Additional points when Budgeting for Truman
- Use your actual room & board rate when you know it. The Room and Board estimate is based on an average cost of Double Occupancy rooms and the 14-meal plan.
- During their first semester, incoming students are assessed an orientation fee. The fee is $350 for incoming freshman, $200 for transfer students living on-campus, and $25 for transfer students living off-campus.
- There may be additional charges for discretionary fees such as a parking sticker ($130/year), course overloads (over 17 credit hours per semester), special course, lab or materials fees, etc.
- Books and supplies are purchased separately and not billed through the University. Costs vary but an amount should be estimated when determining a realistic budget for the year. Based on a national average, the maximum amount allowed for books and supplies in our annual cost of attendance is $1,000.
- Personal Expenses and Transportation Costs vary from student to student but some amount needs to be considered in your personal budget planning. Based on a national average, the amount allowed in our annual cost of attendance is $3,800.
*The average double occupancy room and board rate for 2019-2020 is $9,012. This average is calculated using a 15-meal plan.
**Required fees include the activity fee, student government fee, student health fee, athletic fee, i-Tech fee, sustainability fee, and enrollment fee average.
Please contact the Office of Admission at (660) 785-4114 or email@example.com with any questions!