Each year, the Truman State University Foundation awards donor-funded scholarships to currently enrolled Truman students. The Foundation scholarships are financed by the contributions of alumni, friends, parents, faculty, staff, campus organizations, foundations and corporations who believe in Truman’s important mission and want to create opportunities for students.
Who Can Apply
- Students must be enrolled as a full-time student at Truman to receive the full amount for a Truman State University Foundation scholarship.
- Students who are receiving institutional, state and federal aid that exceed the direct cost of tuition, room and board are excluded from the applicant pool for Foundation scholarships
- Factors considered for the awarding of Foundation scholarships are determined by the donor so criterion varies from scholarship to scholarship. When you start the online application process for Foundation scholarships, you will automatically be considered for all Foundation scholarships for which you qualify.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee you will be awarded the scholarship — scholarship recipients are selected by a committee and notified by email.
Foundation scholarship applications are open several times a year, and students can submit an application through TruView in February for a majority of the Foundation scholarships that will be distributed for the next academic year. All Truman students receive email notifications with application information and deadlines, and application availability is also posted in:
How to Apply
- Incoming Students & Transfer Students
Your undergraduate application for admission to Truman provides automatic consideration for scholarships so no additional steps are required by you.
- Returning Students
Currently enrolled Truman students can apply for Foundation scholarships through TruView. For step-by-step instructions, see Application Instructions Foundation Scholarships.