Application Checklist for Master of Arts in English
- Online application and $40 fee
- Professional statement (upload in online application)
- Three letters of recommendation (submit recommender’s information in online application)
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities from which you earned college credit, including high school dual credit (Truman applicants do not need to submit Truman transcripts).
- Current Truman Students: You do not need to upload your Truman transcript but please list Truman in the Academic History portion of your application.
- OPTIONAL: Graduate Administrative Assistantships (GAA) and Graduate Teaching Research Assistant (GTRA) materials (optional—submitted with online application)
Students who apply by Feb. 1 will be given priority consideration for Graduate Administrative Assistantships (GAAs) and Graduate Teaching/Research Assistantships (GTRAs). 2 GAA assistantships are still available in the areas of Social Media Coordinator and Assistant Ofstad Event Coordinator for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Applications for the Master of Arts in English program from students not applying for assistantships are due on the following dates:
- For Fall admission: applications are due Aug. 16
- For Spring admission: applications are due November 1
- For Summer admission: applications are due April 1
Dr. Sarah B. Mohler
Director of English Graduate Studies