Master of Arts in English
The Master of Arts in English program lets you explore an area of the discipline that you find fascinating. The ultimate goal of this program is to prepare a community of exceptional students, scholars, teachers and creative writers engaged in a lifetime of writing and literature, and preparation for work at the doctoral level. Specific course information and requirements can be found in the catalog.
- Online application and $40 fee
- Personal statement (uploaded in online application)
- Official GRE test scores (sent directly to Graduate Office)
- Three letters of recommendation (Submit recommender’s information in online application)
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities from which you earned college credit, including high school dual credit (Truman applicants do not need to submit Truman transcripts)
- Graduate Teaching Research Assistant (GTRA) application (optional -available as part of online application)
Applications for acceptance into the Master of Arts in English program are due on the following dates:
Fall: June 1
Spring: November 1
Summer: April 1
Graduate Teaching/Research Assistantship (GTRA) applications for the upcoming academic year are due Feb. 15.
Please note, to enroll during regular enrollment/registration dates, your application should be completed by Feb. 1 for Summer/Fall start and by Sept. 1 for Spring start.
For questions regarding the Master of Arts in English program, contact:
Dr. Bob Mielke, Program Director