Graduate Student Applicants

Whether you plan to pursue a master’s degree or a graduate certificate, we can help you get started. To be considered for a graduate program, you must be in the process of or have already completed a bachelor’s degree.

Application deadlines and requirements vary for the graduate programs. To review details specific to the graduate program that interests you, see Application Requirements and Deadlines.

Select the application that matches your needs:

Types of Applications

General Application ($40 fee)

To apply for one of the following graduate programs, use our General Application:

Graduate Degrees

  • Accounting
  • Athletic Training (Summer start only)
  • Counseling: Mental Health Counseling
  • Counseling: Rehabilitation Counseling
  • Counseling: School Counseling
  • Data Science and Analytic Storytelling
  • Disability Studies-Applied Behavior Analysis (Fall start only)
  • Education
  • English
  • Gifted Education
  • Leadership
  • Music

Graduate Certificates

  • Applied Behavior Analysis (Fall start only)
  • Data Science

The $40 application fee is waived for McNair students with a Fee Waiver Application on file. Contact for Fee Waiver Application.

General Application

External Application:
For Communication Disorders Program

To apply for the Communication Disorders graduate program, complete the CSDCAS Application:

You do not need to complete Truman’s General Application. There is no fee for the CSDCAS Application

  1. To start your CSDCAS application, create an account at
  2. Then search for Truman.

For more information, visit the CSDCAS Applicant Help Center>

CSDCAS Application

Application for Graduate Program

The $40 application fee is waived for non-degree seeking students.

Already have a Bachelor’s degree and want to take undergraduate or graduate courses but don’t plan to pursue a degree? You should complete the Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Application (even if you plan to only take undergraduate-level courses).

For more information, see  How to Apply: Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Student.

The $40 application fee is waived for international students.

Regrettably, at this time, we are unable to consider applications for fully-online programs by individuals who reside outside of the United States and its territories.

All international students who would like to pursue graduate studies—even those who are Truman alumni or currently enrolled undergraduates at Truman State University—will need to complete the General Application for Graduate Programs.

Related links:

Have Questions?

If you have questions about graduate studies at Truman, our friendly staff will be happy to talk with you! Email

Photo of Campus from rooftop