Financial Aid FAQ

The quickest way to apply for federal aid is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Remember that up to 20 colleges can receive the results of your aid application by listing the school code on the FAFSA. The schools you list on the FAFSA will receive the results electronically.  The school code for Truman is 002495. See Applying for Aid.
If your Estimated Cost of Attendance is more than your financial offers and you do not have the resources readily available to pay the difference,  you have several options:

Flexible Payment Plan
Students have the option of making four monthly payments toward their student account balance.

Student Employment
If you do not qualify for Work-Study, a federal student aid program, you may wish to consider an on-campus or off-campus job. Most departments on campus employ students, and many local businesses hire Truman students. Students can search for on-campus and off-campus jobs using TruPositions, Truman’s centralized employment website.

Private Loans
Credit-based loans are offered to students or parents by banks/private lenders.

Yes, Truman offers a Flexible Payment Plan that allows you to pay your tuition and fees in four installments. For more details, see Payment of Fees.
It is your responsibility to notify the Financial Aid Office of outside awards, such as scholarships you receive from your high school or other outside organizations. You can mail your scholarship check to:

Truman State University
Financial Aid Office
100 East Normal Avenue
Kirksville, MO 63501

FAQ: Student Accounts  FAQ: Completing the FAFSA