Student Accounts-Payment of Fees
First time students will be billed for a $100 down payment due July 1 to be applied toward fall fees. The down-payment is required to hold your space in the fall classes. When you receive the down payment bill, you will have the option to sign up to pay the rest of your fees under the Truman Flexible Payment Plan described below. Students who do not enroll in the Flexible Payment Plan will pay fees in full by the end of the first week of classes.
Actual charges may include enrollment fees as well as parking decals, lab fees, housing accommodations, and/or special class fees. Graduate courses are assessed at a higher rate. Combinations of graduate and undergraduate hours are assessed separately. Summer terms are also assessed separately. Books are not included on the student account.
The first bill for fall is sent as a paper bill and is posted on-line. Students and their Authorized Users are e-mailed when the on-line bill is available for viewing (see below for instructions on how to set-up Authorized Users). After the first fall bill, no paper bills are sent. All bills after the first bill for the semester are posted on-line with e-mail notices sent to all students and Authorized Users.
In order to allow parent(s)/others access to a student’s bill and student account information, the student must set them up as an Authorized User. If the student does not set parent(s)/others up as an Authorized User, the parent(s)/others will not have access to the student’s bill or student account information online, over the phone or via email. Students can designate Authorized Users by following these instructions:
- Go to https://portal.truman.edu and log-in. Click Student in the tools section, then click Student Tools.
- In the Student Finances section, click on Student Account Suite.
- Click on Authorized Users on the right under My Profile Setup.
- Follow the instructions to enter email addresses for parents/others who need access to on-line bills.
Authorized Users are sent an e-mail notification of passwords and log-ins. They are also notified by e-mail when a new bill is posted or when they make a payment through the website. Authorized Users are limited to viewing only the bill and do not have access to other student information on TruView.
Payment Plans Available
Standard Payment Plan:
This is the default payment plan if you do not sign up for the Truman Flexible Payment Plan. The Standard Plan means that all the semester’s fees, including housing, if applicable, are due in full by the end of the first week of classes for each semester. If fees are not paid in full by the end of the first week of classes, your account becomes past due and will begin to accrue interest at 9% per annum (.75% per month). A $75 late fee will be assessed if fees are not paid in full by November 15 for the fall semester, April 15 for the spring semester, and July 5 for summer terms.
Truman Flexible Payment Plan:
To view the Flexible Payment Plan Brochure click on the below link:
This plan allows you to pay in installments with four dates for fall and spring semesters.
- Fall due dates are: first payment is due the first Friday of fall classes, second payment is due September 15, third is due October 15, and fourth is due November 15.
- Spring due dates are: first payment is due the first Friday of spring classes, second payment is due February 15, third is due March 15, and fourth is due on April 15.
One-fourth (25%) of total fees owed for the semester are due by the first due date. If you pay on the Flexible Payment Plan, we strongly encourage you to divide the balance that will not be paid by Financial Aid by four to calculate an estimated minimum amount to pay on each of the four due dates. You may “pay ahead” on your budgeted Flexible Payment Plan if you like. Under this plan, interest at 6% per annum (.5% per month) is charged on the unpaid balance on each bill after the first bill. You can sign up for the Flexible Payment Plan online by following these instructions:
- Go to https://portal.truman.eduand click on the Student tab in the Tools section on the left side of the page and then select Student Tools.
- In the Student Finances section, click on Flexible Payment Plan Agreement.
- Read the agreement thoroughly and print to retain a copy of the agreement.
- Click I Agree at the bottom of the page.
Avoid interest assessment by paying the balance in full by the first due date. A $75 late fee will be incurred on balances not paid by November 15 for the fall semester, April 15 for the spring semester, and July 5 for summer terms.
Payment of Fees:
Students can pay online via TruView, Student Tab, Student Finances section and click on Student Account Suite. You can pay by electronic check and no extra fee is charged. Accepted credit cards include Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. A 2.85% convenience fee is assessed when paying by credit card.
Authorized Users can pay online via mybill.truman.edu. Once you have logged on, click “make a payment” and then “pay”. You can pay by electronic check and no extra fee is charged. Accepted credit cards include Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. A 2.85% convenience fee is assessed when paying with a credit card.
It is now easier to pay online with your mobile device. We have implemented TouchNet Mobile capabilities when students are paying online via TruView (Student Tab, Student Finances, click “Student Account Suite”) or when parents are paying online at mybill.truman.edu. This will allow the screens to better fit any mobile device being used to make a payment, view the eStatement, etc. We hope you are able to take advantage of this added benefit.
Mailed payments can be sent to Truman State University, Student Account Payment, PO Box 754, Kirksville, MO 63501-0754. Please be sure to include the student ID number on the payment.
Payments, other than credit card, can also be made at the Cashier Window in McClain Hall 105. The hours are 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. The Cashier Window is closed from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm.
International Bank Transfers:
Truman State University has partnered with Flywire to accept payments from international students worldwide. Easily and securely make education payments in your own currency, using local payment methods from the safety and convenience of your home. With real-time tracking and 24×7 multilingual support, millions of students and families around the world trust Flywire for payment processing.
Did You Know?
- Flywire is the global market leader for education payments, the Trusted Choice of millions of students, thousands of institutions and hundreds or recruitment agents and partners worldwide.
- Flywire offers convenient payment options from over 240 countries and territories, in more than 130 currencies.
- Flywire supports a variety of local payment methods including bank transfers, credit cards, e-wallets and more.
- Flywire guarantees payment as soon as funds are received in any of their accounts around the world.
- Flywire offers peace of mind by providing real-time payment tracking through email, in-app and text alerts.
- Flywire offers 24×7 multilingual support via email, phone or live chat.
- Flywire provides a secure and streamlined refunding process with automatic tracking notifications.
- Flywire’s internal controls ensure that funds are secure and protected against fraud.
- Flywire provides a Best Price Guarantee: if you find a better exchange rate at your bank within two hours of booking a local currency bank transfer with Flywire and send a quote from your bank, and they will match it.
These additional resources includes a summary of instructions.
Click or go to https://www.flywire.com/pay/truman to begin the payment process.
Delinquent Payment Policy:
Students who do not pay their fees either in advance of or according to the payment option they choose will be subject to withdrawal for non-payment unless they have made special arrangements for unusual circumstances with the Student Accounts Manager. If the account becomes delinquent prior to pre-enrollment, a hold will be placed on the account which will prevent pre-enrolling in future semesters. In addition, a $75 late fee will be assessed if fees remain unpaid after November 15 for fall semester, April 15 for spring semester, and July 5 for summer terms.
Direct Deposit of Student Refunds:
Students can sign up to have their refund checks deposited directly into the bank account they designate. The process is simple and can be completed on-line by following these steps:
- Go to http://portal.truman.edu and log-in. Click the Student Tab at the top;
- In the Student Finances section, click on Student Account Suite;
- Click on the Refunds tab, click Set Up Account, enter your bank account information and save.
Students will be sent an e-mail notification any time a refund is direct deposited into their bank account.
This office refers delinquent accounts to three collection agencies, General Revenue Corporation; Coast Professional, Inc; and Williams & Fudge Inc on a regular basis. When an account has been referred for outside collection, the borrower must make repayment arrangements with the agency and may be responsible for the additional collection charges at the rate of 21 – 29%.
Our General Revenue Corporation (GRC) representative may be contacted at: 1-800-234-1472
Our Coast Professional, Inc representative may be contacted at: 1-888-815-2843
Our Williams & Fudge Inc (W&F) representative may be contacted at: 1-800-849-9791