Dual Credit

Truman State University accepts dual credit and prior college credit for transferable courses from accredited colleges and universities. Dual credit refers to courses for which students earn both high school and college credit for the same courses. Prior college credit refers to courses taken at a college or university that are not used to satisfy high school graduation requirements.

Students who have participated in dual credit programs and/or those who have earned prior college credit are required to have official transcripts sent from all colleges and universities through which credit has been attempted. Official transcripts for first-time undergraduate students and new transfer students must be sent to the Admissions Office prior to matriculation at Truman.  Undergraduate course work is evaluated by the Registrar’s Office for transferability and applicability. Credit and grades for transferable courses will become part of the student’s academic record at Truman.

We have developed listings of the common courses transferred from many institutions to Truman. This information reflects the manner in which Truman accepted credit during the 2007-2008 academic year. This information is subject to revision, without prior notice, as a result of changes in either the sending institution’s or Truman’s curriculum.

These are not complete listings of the courses at these institutions accepted by Truman State University.  If a course that you are taking, or that you may take, from one of these institutions is not included in these listings, please contact the Truman State University Registrar’s Office at (660) 785-4143 or registrar@truman.edu for more information. The following information will be requested to initiate a review of courses: the name and location of the college or university, the course number(s) and course title(s).

Please use the Transfer Website to view transfer equivalencies for all institutions; or if you are a Saint Louis University student, please visit our SLU 1818 website.