Truman Music and Theatre Departments are holding auditions for the new Musical Theatre Minor.
Sunday, February 28, 2021
Ophelia Parrish Performance Hall
The new Musical Theatre minor capitalizes on the strengths of three separate Truman State University departments in the areas of music, theatre, and dance to create a transformative experience in the area of musical theatre. Whether your primary major is in theatre, vocal performance, exercise science, or another area, you can pursue a Musical Theatre minor to extend your degree and take classes that align with your interests.
You can find out more about the Musical Theatre Minor at musicaltheatre.truman.edu.
- Professor David Charles Goyette (Theatre), Dr. Jackie Collett (Music) and Professor Melody Jennings (Dance) will be viewing the auditions on Sunday. Dr. Taylor Hutchinson will be accompanying those auditioning.
- Please sign up for BOTH a rehearsal slot with the accompanist (Feb. 26) and an audition slot (Feb. 28,).
- Prepare a 32 bar (2 minutes max) broadway musical theatre song and a 1 minute contemporary monologue.
- Sheet music should be in a binder, hole-punched, and double-sided if the excerpt is longer than two pages — just like reading a book. Cuts should be clearly marked and all photocopies should show everything from the page. Double check that the bottom of the piano part doesn’t get cut off.
- Dr. Hutchinson (Pianist) also plays from their iPad. If you prefer to email digital copies in advance that would work as well. Feel free to email Dr. Hutchinson at firstname.lastname@example.org