Thanksgiving Break Registration
In an effort to better serve the needs of our students, Residence Life allows on-campus residents to stay during designated breaks when the residence halls are closed during Thanksgiving break. Residents will be able to stay in their current housing assignment for the duration of break. A fee of $25.00 for each night will be assessed to the student’s Truman account after the break period ends to pay for staffing costs.
2023-24 Academic Year:
- Thanksgiving Break: Friday, November 17th at 6:00 pm – Sunday, November 26th at 10:00 am
- Registration will open Friday, September 29th at 8:00 am
- The deadline to register for Thanksgiving Break without a late charge is Monday, November 13th at 5:00 pm
- Duty staff will be available in all residence halls throughout the duration of the break. Please call your building’s duty phone number should you need assistance from Residence Life staff during the break.
- ALL current on-campus residents wishing to remain on-campus over break MUST register.
- To stay over break residents must sign up by November 13th @5PM or a late fee will be assessed.
- Building access will be provided through Student ID card ONLY to a resident’s building for the time they are registered.
- Residents will be charged $25 per night on-campus. Residents who sign up for the entire break will pay $200 for the entire period.
- A $50 late registration fee will be charged to any resident that signs up after the registration deadline.
- Due to exterior entrances, residents of Campbell Apartments will not be charged to stay over holiday breaks. However, you must still register to stay on-campus during the time the halls are closed. Residents of Campbell Apartments are responsible for the cost of any late fees included with their registration.
- Current on-campus residents are NOT allowed to remain over break as guests of another on-campus student.
- Room keys and Perimeter Access cards will not be issued to any guest. All guests are expected to follow all University policies. Residents are responsible for the actions of their guests and are liable for any damages to University property caused by their guests.
- All residents staying over breaks must follow all RESIDENCE LIFE and UNIVERSITY STUDENT CONDUCT CODE policies.
- Any policy violations during break periods will be processed through the University conduct policy.
- Residents who break policies over breaks may lose the opportunity to stay on campus for future breaks.
- Dining halls will be closed during Thanksgiving break. To see the hours of operation for the dining halls, and other on-campus resources, visit this webpage: https://truman.sodexomyway.com/dining-near-me/hours
If you have any questions, concerns, or if you need to make changes to your reservation, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (660) 785-4227.