Truman math majors have obtained summer internships in a wide variety of fields. Some examples from recent years are listed below. Be sure to check out our Resources page for finding summer internship opportunities.
General Mathematics Internships:
- Krishna Chebolu was a Finance Intern in Phantom Works Estimating & Pricing at the Boeing Company during the summer of 2021.
- Sarah Bellm was an Analyst Intern at Brubaker and Associates, Inc. in Chesterfield, MO in the summer of 2021.
- Anna Poole was an intern for Veterans United Home Loans in Columbia, Missouri during the summer of 2021.
- Megan Folken was a Quality Assurance Intern at Hollister, Inc. in Kirksville, MO. She was intern there in the summer of 2015 and continued part time in the following school year and again full time in the spring of 2016.
- Megan Mange did an internship with the Boeing Corporation in St. Louis in the summer of 2015. Megan was an Engineering, Operations, and Technology (EO&T) Estimating & Pricing/Procurement Financial Analysis (PFA) Intern.
- Nolan Bright was an Actuarial Analyst at Willis Towers Watson in St. Louis during the summer of 2020.
- Rachael Miller was a Claims Configuration Intern at Centene Corporation in Town and Country, MO. Rachael did her internship in the summer of 2018.
- Camden Woods was an Actuarial Intern with Sun Life Financial in Kansas City in the summer of 2018. She worked with the Stop Loss Pricing Team.
- Evan Thierry was a Summer Actuarial Associate for Aetna in Overland Park, KS. He did his internship in the summer of 2018.
- Jo Datz was a Valuation Actuarial Intern at Kansas City Life. She did her internship in the summer of 2017.
- Allison Smith was a Health and Benefits Actuarial Intern at Mercer in Kansas City. She did her internship in the summer of 2017.
- Mitch Peterson was an Actuarial Intern at Zurich in Overland Park, KS. He did his internship in the summer of 2015.
- Tatsuya Akiba was a math tutor for the SEE Program in the summer of 2018. The SEE Program provides an opportunity for incoming Truman students to get a head start on their coursework.
- Jennie Huynh was a preceptor in the Joseph Baldwin Academy (JBA) at Truman in the summer of 2017. JBA offers three week courses for students what have just completed 7th, 8th, or 9th grades. Jennie was a preceptor for the Science of Secrecy – a class on cryptological mathematics.
- Jeff Ciskwoski spent three summers working in the Joseph Baldwin Academy. He was a preceptor for a college algebra course in 2015, and in 2016 he was a preceptor for a computer programming course and for a cryptography course. During the summer of 2017, Jeff was the Health Director for the academy.