Facts About Truman
Founded in 1867, Truman is recognized as a highly selective public institution by the Missouri Coordinating Board for Higher Education.
Approximately 5,500 undergraduates and 350 graduate students, including 370 international students from 50 countries.
- Over 94% had high school GPA’s of 3.25 or higher.
- Roughly 80% earned 24 or higher ACT composite scores.
- Over 80% of entering freshmen rank in the top 25% of their class.
Around 350 students per year. Truman’s study abroad program ranks in the top 40 among the nation’s master’s-level schools as reported by Open Doors. Opportunities are available in 60 countries in more than 500 programs worldwide.
- 324 full-time faculty members; Nearly 100% of faculty teach
- Virtually all freshman courses are taught by full-time faculty.
- Student/faculty ratio is 16:1 and the average freshman-level class size is 25.
Activities and Athletics
- Over 230 clubs and organizations
- Fraternities: 21 percent of men
- Sororities: 18 percent of women
- NCAA Division II varsity athletics. Men’s teams include baseball, basketball, cross-country, football, indoor track, outdoor track, soccer, and swimming. Women’s teams include basketball, cross-country, golf, indoor track, outdoor track, soccer, softball, swimming, and volleyball.
With a mission that includes providing an exemplary liberal arts and sciences education, Truman educates with a distinct purpose. You pursue relevant, specialized knowledge for your chosen career even as you build strong foundational skills in teamwork, writing, problem-solving, and critical thinking.
Truman has been accredited since 1914 by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Truman is mentioned in college rankings published in U.S. News and World Report, Princeton Review, Consumers Digest, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, and Washington Monthly, just to name a few.
At Truman, you join a community of lifelong learners in a quest for knowledge and self-improvement. You graduate with high-reputation credentials and the versatility to supercharge your future no matter where your path leads — a fact that’s reflected in the successful outcomes of our graduates.