History Internship Opportunities
As a history major, the lively learning community at Truman lets you explore connections between what you learn in class and the hands-on experience and skills you acquire through internships. The practical experience you gain through an internship gives you an important edge in the competition for future professional employment and admission to graduate and professional schools.
Some of the most popular internship opportunities for history majors include:
- Judicial Archives Project (Kirksville, Mo.)
- Harry S. Truman Presidential Museum & Library Internship (Independence, Mo.)
- National WWI Museum (Kansas City, Mo.)
- Missouri Historical Society (St. Louis)
- Duane G. Meyer Library, Special Collections and Archives, Missouri State University (Springfield. Mo.)
- Mercantile Library (St. Louis, Mo.)
- Field House Museum (St. Louis)
- Historic Deerfield Fellowship (Massachusetts)
- St. Joseph Museums (St. Joseph, Mo.)
All currently enrolled students pursuing any major at Truman who will be a junior or senior at the time of the internship can use this form to apply for internship opportunities.