“As part of Truman State University, Residence Life fosters the development of respect, responsibility, and accountability in our students. Within safe, comfortable, and intellectually engaging living communities, we nurture students to become productive citizens and life-long scholars.”
Residence Life helps students cultivate relationships and skills necessary to thrive as individuals, succeed at Truman, and make a distinctive impact on a global society.
- Connection – It is important for all students to feel a sense of belonging within their communities and among their peers. Students must be able to interact and engage with a global society. Our residential environments will foster the development and deepening of student connections to their peers, the university at large, and the world around them.
- Interpersonal Interactions: Students will be able to navigate interpersonal interactions to build meaningful relationships with peers, faculty, and staff.
- Systems of Support: Students will be able to identify and engage with peers and university resources to support them throughout their college experience.
- Engagement: Students will be able to interact with a wide array of experiences to assist with their learning.
- Sense of Purpose: Students will be able to create a sense of purpose in their role in the on-campus community.
- Wellness – Students living independently must be able to take care of themselves and utilize support resources. Our residential environments connect students with resources to identify, establish, and maintain regular patterns of behavior that promote health and resilience.
- Students will be able to utilize strategies and resources to manage their mental wellness and recognize the impact of mental wellness on their community.
- Students will be able to develop strategies to promote life-long physical wellness.
- Students will be able to engage in positive decision making regarding their personal safety.
- Academic Excellence – To be developed in Summer 2020
- Identity – To be developed in Summer 2020
- Professional Competence – To be developed in Summer 2020
Have any questions about Residence Life, Housing, or Dining? Contact us at 660-785-4227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.