Students must apply to graduate no later than April 1, 2022, in order to participate in the May 2022 Spring Commencement Ceremony. All candidates will be emailed instructions for their ceremony, arrival time, clearance process, graduation fair, and more once the details are determined. Candidates not planning to participate in commencement must notify the Registrar’s Office by emailing email@example.com by Monday, April 12th.
If you have specific questions about Commencement, please contact the Registrar’s Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 660-785-4143. Graduate degree candidates should contact the Graduate Office, email@example.com, 660-785-4109.
Date: Saturday, May 7, 2022
Location: Stokes Stadium
Ceremony Time: 2:00pm*
Stadium Gates will open for guests at 1:00pm.
Degree candidates must be dressed in academic regalia to enter and participate in commencement. Degree candidates must bring their green completed reader card, and any appropriate medallions with them for the ceremony.
The number of guests will not be limited unless social distancing protocols are put into place or the Inclement Weather Plan is enacted.
*Note: If the pandemic situation changes and social distancing becomes necessary, the single ceremony will be split into two (2) or more ceremonies; locations and times would be announced once decided. Degree candidates will be notified of their assigned ceremony.
For Degree Candidates and Family Members with Disabilities
Candidates unable to march in the procession because of physical reasons should notify Julie Sneddon in the Disability Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
If disability accommodations (e.g., interpreter, wheelchair access, disability seating) are required for graduates or guests, please contact Disability Services via the Disability Services website to make a request by Sunday, May 1, 2022. There will be no wheelchairs available. Guests requiring wheelchairs should bring them. Accessibility parking is available in front of Pershing Building and in the lot south of Stokes Stadium.
More Commencement Information:
- Maps and Parking
- Bookstore (for caps, gowns, announcements and graduate gifts)
- Spring 2022 Commencement Instructions for:
- Inclement Weather Information
- Live Stream of Spring Commencement
- Commencement Program (PDF)
- NameCoach Pronunciation System
- Truman uses NameCoach to provide degree candidates an opportunity to record the pronunciation of their name prior to their commencement ceremony to help ensure correct pronunciation during the ceremony. By recording your name, the commencement reader(s) have the ability to hear how you pronounce your name in addition to reading the phonetic spelling on your reader card. Recording your name is optional, but is recommended for any names that could be difficult to pronounce or could be pronounced multiple ways. Degree candidates will receive an email from email@example.com that will have a record link to click on to access the system with your Truman email address.
If you have specific questions about Commencement, please contact the Registrar’s Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 660-785-4143. Graduate candidates should contact the Graduate Office, email@example.com, 660-785-4109.