This website contains information about the Fall Commencement ceremonies. All candidates have been emailed instructions for the ceremony, arrival time, clearance process, and more.
If you have specific questions about Commencement, please contact the Registrar’s Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 660-785-4143. Graduate candidates should contact the Graduate Office, email@example.com, 660-785-4109.
Date: Saturday, November 21, 2020
Location: Pershing Arena – enter Pershing through the main east entrance
Ceremony 1 Time: 10 a.m. for all Bachelor of Science candidates ONLY
Ceremony 2 Time: 1:30 p.m. Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and all master’s candidates ONLY
The entrance doors will be opened one hour before each ceremony. Candidates must present their ceremony-specific entry ticket, wear a facemask, and be dressed in academic regalia to enter and participate in commencement. Degree candidates must bring their completed green reader card, diploma cover, and any appropriate honor medallions with them for the ceremony.
The ceremonies will be held in a socially distant format. Candidates will be expected to maintain six feet of distance between candidates and to properly wear masks throughout the day.
More Commencement Information:
- Maps and Parking
- Bookstore (for caps, gowns, announcements, and graduate gifts)
- Name Pronunciation System
- Fall 2020 Commencement Instructions Students
- Inclement Weather Information
- The weather in northeast Missouri changes quickly during the winter months. The Fall ceremonies will be held indoors, but in the event of inclement weather, an announcement will be posted on the Truman State University website. The only effect this may have on the ceremonies would be in regard to parking or walking on campus.