This website contains information about the Fall Commencement ceremonies. All candidates will be emailed instructions for the ceremony, arrival time, clearance process, and more once the details are determined.
If you have specific questions about Commencement, please contact the Registrar’s Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, 660-785-4143. Graduate candidates should contact the Graduate Office, email@example.com, 660-785-4109.
Date: Saturday, December 18, 2021
Location: Pershing Arena
Ceremony Time: 11 a.m. *
Degree candidates must wear a facemask and be dressed in academic regalia to enter and participate in commencement. Degree candidates must bring their green completed reader card, diploma cover, and any appropriate honor medallions with them for the ceremony.
All guests are required to wear a mask at all times while inside University buildings. The number of guests will not be limited unless social distancing protocols are put into place.
* Note: If the pandemic situation changes and social distancing becomes necessary, the single ceremony will be split into two (2) ceremonies with one ceremony starting at 11 a.m. and the second ceremony in the afternoon (tentative 2:30-3 p.m. start time). Degree candidates will be notified of their assigned ceremony.
More Commencement Information:
- Maps and Parking
- Bookstore (for caps, gowns, announcements, and graduate gifts)
- Name Pronunciation System
- Fall 2021 Commencement Instructions Students (information will be updated once details are available)
- Inclement Weather Information
- The weather in northeast Missouri changes quickly during the winter months. The Fall ceremony will be held indoors, but in the event of inclement weather, an announcement will be posted on the Truman State University website. The only effect this may have on the ceremonies would be in regard to parking or walking on campus.