We are so excited to have you living on campus! Evidence has shown time and again that students who live on campus perform better academically and are more connected socially. If you have any questions about the Housing Application process, please contact the Residence Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This information is only for incoming First-Year students, exchange students, and new transfer students.
1. Submit your application to Truman
You must be admitted to Truman prior to gaining access to the housing application.
2 . Review the Housing Options available
You can choose from the six residence hall options — whether it is important to have a cafeteria in the building or a short walk to the Student Recreation Center, you can find a perfect place to call home.
3. Start your Housing Application on Portal
The student portal serves as the one-stop hub to access information about university processes. Here you can start your Housing Application. Approximately two weeks after being admitted to Truman, you will receive instructions by mail on how to set up your Portal account. The packet will include your username and Truman Student ID number. (For Fall 2022: Due to delays in mailing, please call the Office of Admission or contact your Admissions Counselor for username and Student ID number information.)
Directions to the Housing Application:
- Sign into portal.truman.edu
- Under Tools on the left-hand side, click on Accepted Student
- Click on Accepted Student Tools
- Under Housing Information, click Access the Housing Application
4. Submit your Housing Deposit
Once you’ve submitted your Housing Application, you will still be able to modify your room preferences or roommate selections until you have selected a room or have been manually assigned one, whichever occurs first. Please note, your Housing deposit of $150.00 must be paid to receive a housing placement ($125.00 is refundable if you cancel your admission to Truman prior to August 1st; $25.00 is a non-refundable processing fee.). You will need a major credit card or electronic check to submit your housing application fee/deposit online.
Directions to pay your Housing deposit:
- Sign into portal.truman.edu
- Under Tools on the left-hand side, click on Student
- Click on Student Tools
- Scroll down and click on Student Account Suite (Pay Bills and Set Up Refunds as Direct Deposit) under the Student Finances Section
- Wait to be rerouted to a webpage beginning with secure.touchnet.com
- If you have additional questions related to paying your Housing Deposit, please contact Student Accounts at 660-785-4074
The earlier you complete all of these steps the more likely you are to get the housing of your choice. Many students complete their housing materials as early as November.
To request accommodations, please contact: Office of Student Access and Disability Services, Pickler Memorial Library 109A, 100 E. Normal, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-785-4478, facsimile 660-785-4011, and email@example.com.