The Truman State University Alumni Association established the Chapter of the Year Award to honor a volunteer chapter for exemplary service to the University through the Alumni Association or its affiliated organizations. In 2019, the award is being renamed the Bulldog Forever Group of the Year Award to expand the reach of the award to be able to recognize any group of alumni that perform exceptionally in a year.
The Bulldog Forever Group of the Year Award recognizes outstanding commitment to the University through the Alumni Association, and reflects length and depth of service on the part of a group of Alumni. It particularly focuses on hosting events, recruiting new Alumni involvement, organizing volunteer or philanthropic opportunities, demonstrating support for current Truman students, and communicating with other Alumni.
Each year, one award is given to a Truman Alumni Association Group that encourages the advancement of the Truman Alumni Association Strategic Plan. The Bulldog Forever Group of the Year Award is intended for and elevates the service and time given to the University by an Alumni Group and its volunteers.
A group nominee must:
• Be an Alumni Group, working in coordination with the Truman State University Alumni Association.
• Demonstrate exemplary dedication, loyalty, and volunteer service to the Truman State University Alumni Association.
• Provide a significant contribution toward the mission of Truman State University and/or the mission of the Truman State University Alumni Association.
• Show active involvement with the Truman State University Alumni Association in an exceptional way over the past year.
- 2019: St. Louis Alumni Chapter
- 2018: Iowa Alumni Chapter
- 2017: NEMO Alumni Chapter
- 2016: NEMO Alumni Chapter
- 2015: NEMO Alumni Chapter
- 2014: Iowa Alumni Chapter
- 2013: Arizona Alumni Chapter & Mid-Missouri Alumni Chapter
- 2012: NEMO Alumni Chapter
- 2011: Mid-Missouri Alumni Chapter
- 2010: Iowa Alumni Chapter