National Alumni Association Strategic Plan (2021-2025)
The Truman State University National Alumni Association fosters and strengthens lifelong relationships between its alumni and friends through alumni chapter, club and affinity groups; consistent and current communications; timely activities and events; and ongoing opportunities to support the Truman community.
The Association is the gateway for all Truman State University alumni and friends—from every generation, academic program and student organization—to connect and celebrate pride as Bulldogs Forever.
To effectively act on the Association’s mission, this strategic plan outlines core goals and strategies to achieve the vision. The foundational aim of this strategic plan is to elevate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in all facets of the Association, encourage data-driven decisions and strategies, and define the value-based benefits proposition for the Alumni Association. It lays the foundation for programs, policies, and initiatives for the next five years and beyond.
These should focus on the following types of engagement: volunteer, experiential, philanthropic, communication. Baselines should be set and then trends should be evaluated.
GOALS AND STRATEGIES
Connect alumni to each other
- Extend Truman traditions of service and leadership into the daily lives of alumni.
- Create professional development opportunities.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration amongst diverse alumni groups.
- Host social and professional networking events for broad audiences.
Connect alumni to the University
- Contribute to a diverse and inclusive future for the University through mentorship, recruitment, and retention efforts.
- Promote giving opportunities that strengthen alumni relationships through shared purpose.
- Develop opportunities for Alumni with University departments that support career/professional development.
- Support and strengthen relationships with underrepresented or marginalized alumni.
- Activate the Truman legacy of interdisciplinary lifelong learning and provide experiences unique to Truman.
- Strengthen understanding and amplify the value of the Alumni Association.
Connect others to the University
- Champion Truman spirit across networks around the world.
- Promote the Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Amplify the nostalgia and uniqueness of the Kirksville Community.
- Mobilize the alumni network to help recruit and retain future Bulldogs.