Hope Harms (’07)
The 2020 recipient of the Bulldog Forever Volunteer of the Year is Hope Harms (’07). Hope has served on the Kansas City Alumni Chapter Executive Board for the past seven years, has served on the National Alumni Board for six years and just completed her tenure as Alumni Board President. Truman holds an enormously powerful place in Hope’s heart, and her efforts demonstrate that. Not content to simply help with current events, she always keeps one eye on building for the future. In her role on the National Alumni Board, Hope was instrumental in drafting the five year strategic plan for the Alumni Association as well as a revision of their bylaws.
- Have an exemplary record of making a significant contribution of volunteer time, talents, and service to Truman State University, particularly within the past year (July 1 – June 30).
- Provide a significant contribution toward the mission of Truman State University and/or the mission of the Alumni Association.
- Advance the goals of the Alumni Association Strategic Plan.
- 2019: John W. Davison (’75, ’81, ’84)
- 2018: Phillip Campbell (’06)
- 2017: Gerald Hollingsworth (’67) & Karol Hollingsworth
- 2016: Marsha Redmon (’79)
- 2016: Chris Wiedmeyer (’96)
- 2015: Naomal “Vid” Vidyasagara (’92)
- 2014: Michael A. Wilson (’91)
- 2013: Tania Cook (’85)
- 2012: Will Sass (’72, ’77)