The Veterans Representative is located in the Registrar’s Office (McClain Hall 104) and serves as a liaison for those students who are eligible to receive Veteran’s benefits.  Students who are eligible for Veterans benefits should contact the Veterans Representative for an application and procedures.

Each semester, students who are receiving Veterans benefits must complete an Intent to Enroll form before an enrollment certification can be submitted to the Veterans Administration for processing. Intent to Enroll forms are available in the Registrar’s Office, MC 104. Checks are mailed directly from the Veterans Administration to the address listed by the student on the Intent to Enroll form.

Any time a schedule change is made, it is the student’s responsibility to immediately notify the Veterans Representative of the change. Schedule changes include adding courses, dropping courses, or withdrawing from the university.

Students who are receiving Veterans benefits are required to sign an attendance verification sheet for each month enrolled. The Truman Veterans Representative has this form. Failure to sign this form each month will result in the termination of benefits for that semester.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at