First Day of Early Move-in: Monday, August 5, 2024
Residence Life is pleased to offer an Early Move-in process for Truman State University students registered to live on campus this Fall semester. The information below outlines the expectations and registration process for Early Move-in:
Eligibility for Early Move-in
To be eligible for Early Move-in, you must:
- Be enrolled in Fall classes and have a housing placement for the Fall semester, AND
- Be an approved participant of a university office that is sponsoring your Early Move-in, OR
- Receive approval from Residence Life for a justified need to arrive prior to opening
- Reasons likely to be approved:
- On-campus student employment with a start date prior to move-in
- Student’s flight arrives prior to move-in (no earlier than Monday, August 5)
- Reasons not likely to be approved:
- Off-campus employment
- No reason provided in registration submission
- Reasons likely to be approved:
- All students requesting an early move-in date must be able to pick up their check-in packet during regular business hours (8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday). Registrations for arrivals outside of that timeframe will be denied.
Please allow at least two business days to process your early move-in request. Students requesting early move-in will be contacted via email regarding their approval status. Please note that not all requests will be approved.
Rates for Early Move-in
The table below outlines the housing and meal rates for Early Move-in. Charges will start on the date of your move-in until the date designated for First-Year or Returning students move-ins respectively based on your status as a student.
|Per night rate
|$19.75 (Note: Apartment residents may opt out of meals and not pay meal fees.)
Students approved for Early Move-in will move directly into their Fall housing placement.
Early Move-in registration includes a meal plan, which provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Meal plans begin on the date of your scheduled move-in. Meals are scheduled to be served in the Ryle Hall cafeteria starting August 5, 2024, and Missouri Hall cafeteria will begin food service August 14, at 11:00 AM. These will include dine-in and grab-and-go options. Fall Meal Plans will begin August 17, 2024 and are separate from the Early Move-In meal plan.
The times for meal service during the Early Move-In period will be:
|Aug. 5, 2024
|Aug. 6, 2024
|Aug. 7 - Aug. 13, 2024
|Aug. 14, 2024
|Aug. 15, 2024
|Aug. 16, 2024
Early move-in registration opens on July 1. To ensure your Early Move-in request is processed, registration requests must be submitted by 5 pm on Monday, July 29.
Late submissions: Registrations submitted after July 29 will not be guaranteed. If housing assignments can be arranged, there will be a $50 processing charge.
If you are sponsored by an organization or department sponsoring students to return early, please do not register yourself. Your sponsor will register you for your early move-in date. This will help avoid any complications related to incorrect billing.
Early Move-in Check-in Process
Please note, Residence Life staff will be in training and preparing for hall opening during the early arrival time frame, and as such residents who opt to request for an early move-in date will not have access to the same level of assistance provided on the traditional move-in dates. Students who request an early move-in date will still have access to the following resources:
- Moving equipment placed in an easy-access location in each residence hall
- Walk-in assistance from Residence Life staff at our central office in Missouri Hall 1100
- On-call assistance from residence hall staff via the duty phone number listed on each check-in packet
Pick up your Key
Students may pick up their keys and move-in materials at the Residence Life Office (Missouri Hall 1100) from 8 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday. The building will be locked; please ring the doorbell at the front entrance of Missouri Hall or contact the office (660-785-4227) to gain entry.
As the Residence Life staff will be focused on training and making preparations for the fall semester, mail services will be limited until after First-Year student move-in, August 14. We encourage you to wait until after this time to start requesting mail delivery, as mail addressed to your Fall housing placement will be held until August 14.
Scheduled Maintenance and/or Outages
Please note the last two weeks prior to First-Year student move-in will be utilized to complete projects and make finishing touches in preparation for the Fall semester. While there are no service maintenance/outages scheduled at this time, there may be some disruptions to services during your time as an Early Arriver.
Should a maintenance issue or outage be necessary, we will communicate this with you as soon as possible so you can make the appropriate arrangements.
Residence Life and Physical Plant staff may need to enter your room as part of opening procedures through August 14. Staff will knock and announce themselves prior to entering a room.
If there are normal maintenance issues in your living space, please submit a Work Order to the Facilities team.