Why study PHRE?
... if I went back to college today, I think I would probably major in comparative religion, because that’s how integrated it is in everything that we are working on and deciding and thinking about in life today.
So... what good is a degree in Philosophy and Religion?
We're glad you asked!
The following are some great places to look for reassuring answers to some of your deepest questions about the value of a Philosophy and Religion degree.
Note that while many of the answers are about degrees in philosophy, the very same skills one develops in philosophy courses makes the answers equally applicable to a degree in Philosophy and Religion.
- It pays, is intellectually exciting, and is great preparation for other professional schools.
- Its students develop highly sought-after skills, get to think about important questions, and achieve high test scores on tests required for law school, business school, and grad school.
- Yes, philosophy majors really do rock on their GRE test scores.
- Many movers and shakers in contemporary America were its students.
- It's what future business leaders need.
- Philosophy majors are the highest-paid graduates, relative to other humanities majors.
- Business executives care less about the majors of their hires, and more about the exact sort of skills that the study of Philosophy and Religion helps to develop.
- Its majors are "changing the world of business."
- "I think, therefore I earn."
And here are some great graphs and charts illustrating the value of a PHRE education.
Finally, click here to see lots of famous people with degrees in philosophy.