If you are interested in the language, culture and arts of Asia, Truman’s interdisciplinary Asian and Asian American Studies minor pairs well with any major. Deepen your understanding of global and cultural engagement as you learn how their unique traditions have influenced the world.
Learn By Doing
Study abroad in China or Japan or engage with India, playing with henna, learning ragas, and sticking with English (one of the sub-continent’s many official languages). Explore the impact that Asian cultures have had on Americans, including the achievements of Americans with Asian ancestry. Or join up with some of the most open-minded and curious people you’ll ever meet in the Society for Sino-American Studies.
Discover New Connections
At Truman, we know that all fields of study are connected in complicated and fascinating ways. Asian and Asian American Studies is one of several interdisciplinary studies programs available for you to explore the new possibilities that open up when two or more fields overlap. Our interdisciplinary studies major even allows you to custom-design your own field of study.
Asian and Asian American Studies Minor Committee
- Chair: Sara Orel (Art Department)
- Hena Ahmad (English Department)
- Betsy Delmonico (English Department)
- Masahiro Hara (Classical & Modern Languages Department)
- Huping Ling (History Department)
- Julie Minn (Classical & Modern Languages Department)
- Lloyd Pflueger (Philosophy & Religion Department)
- Chen Xiaofen (Economics Department)