Tuition & Cost
on list of "100 Best Public College Values" in the nation (Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine)
Truman’s exceptional value has received national recognition from news sources such as Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, Forbes Magazine, and The Princeton Review.
- Boasting some of the lowest tuition and required fees in Missouri, full-time students taking 12-17 credit hours pay a flat fee.
- Truman's competitive out-of-state tuition is less than many surrounding state universities' in-state tuition.
- Our alumni have the lowest default rate on student loans of all public colleges and universities in Missouri.
- Approximately half our seniors graduate without any federal student loan debt because of the many ways we help you fund your education.
|Type of Cost||In-State Cost||Out-of-State Cost|
|Total Direct Costs||$16,339||$22,823|
|Room & Board (estimate) *||8,558||8,558|
|Required Fees (estimate)**||629||629|
Net Price Calculator
Use the Net Price Calculator to estimate financial assistance and total undergraduate cost for Truman.
Looking for information about cost to attend one of our graduate programs? Specific details can be found here.
Additional points when budgeting for Truman:
- Use your actual room & board rate when you know it. The Room and Board estimate is based on an average cost of Double Occupancy rooms and the 14-meal plan.
- There may be additional charges for discretionary fees - parking sticker ($130/year), course overloads (over 17 credit hours per semester), special course, lab or materials fees, etc.
- Books and supplies are purchased separately and not billed through the University. Costs vary but an amount should be estimated when determining a realistic budget for the year. (Based on a national average, the maximum amount allowed for books and supplies in our cost of attendance is $1,000.)
- Personal Expenses and Transportation Costs vary from student to student but some amount needs to be considered in your personal budget planning. (Based on a national average, the amount allowed in our cost of attendance is $3,800.)
*The average double occupancy room and board rate for 2016-2017 is $8,558. This average is calculated using a 14-meal plan.
**Required fees include New Student Orientation, Activities Fee, Athletic Fee, Information Technology Fee, Sustainability Fee and the Health Services Fee.
Please contact us if you have any questions: