Truman’s exceptional value has received national recognition from news sources such as Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, Forbes Magazine, and The Princeton Review.
- Boasting some of the lowest tuition and required fees in Missouri, full-time students taking 12-17 credit hours pay a flat fee.
- Truman’s competitive out-of-state tuition is less than many surrounding state universities’ in-state tuition.
- Our alumni have the lowest default rate on student loans of all public colleges and universities in Missouri.
- Approximately half our seniors graduate without any federal student loan debt because of the many ways we help you fund your education.
|Type of Cost||In-State Cost||Out-of-State Cost|
|Room & Board (estimate) *||8,638||8,638|
|Required Fees (estimate)**||654||654|
|Total Direct Costs||$16,644||$23,428|
Graduate Studies Costs
Additional points when Budgeting for Truman
- Use your actual room & board rate when you know it. The Room and Board estimate is based on an average cost of Double Occupancy rooms and the 14-meal plan.
- There may be additional charges for discretionary fees – parking sticker ($130/year), course overloads (over 17 credit hours per semester), special course, lab or materials fees, etc.
- Books and supplies are purchased separately and not billed through the University. Costs vary but an amount should be estimated when determining a realistic budget for the year. Based on a national average, the maximum amount allowed for books and supplies in our annual cost of attendance is $1,000.
- Personal Expenses and Transportation Costs vary from student to student but some amount needs to be considered in your personal budget planning. Based on a national average, the amount allowed in our annual cost of attendance is $3,800.
*The average double occupancy room and board rate for 2017-2018 is $8,638. This average is calculated using a 14-meal plan.
**Required fees include New Student Orientation, Activities Fee, Athletic Fee, Information Technology Fee, Sustainability Fee and the Health Services Fee.
Please contact the Office of Admission at (660) 785-4114 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!