If you have a bachelor’s degree, an associate’s degree or want to change majors, you can apply for our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program to become a nurse in as few as 15 months. This intense program combines classroom instruction, training in nursing simulation facilities, research opportunities, and extensive clinical experience.
This program prepares you for the National Council Licensure Examination-Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN®).
The ABSN program prepares you as a generalist in beginning positions in all areas of nursing practice, including maternal, child, mental, adult, and community health nursing. It also provides a foundation for graduate study in nursing.
Notable employers for our nursing graduates include:
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Children’s Mercy Hospital
- Mayo Clinic
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- Northeast Regional Medical Center
- University of Missouri Hospitals
First-time pass rate on NCLEX exam to become a licensed RN
first-year nursing students in incoming class
employment rate for our nursing graduates
students pursuing a nursing degree
With an emphasis on community-based nursing practice, you can engage in a wide range of clinical experiences:
- adult and obstetric acute care at Northeast Regional Medical Center
- geriatric and mental health experience through local agencies
- pediatric experiences in community, school settings and St. Louis Children’s Hospital, St. Louis, Mo.
Accreditation and Approval
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Truman State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://ccneaccreditation.org).
Additionally, Truman’s nursing program is fully approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing (MSBN).
Dear Interested Parties,
The Department of Nursing at Truman State University is scheduled for an accreditation review with the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) for November 7, 2022 through November 9, 2022. You have an opportunity to send comments regarding the nursing program at Truman State University to CCNE. Written third-party comments will be received by CCNE until 21 days before the scheduled evaluation. Any third-party comments must be received by CCNE by October 17, 2022. All comments should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Brenda Wheeler
How to Apply
Applying for the nursing major is a two-step process:
- STEP 1: Apply to Truman using the undergraduate admissions application.
- STEP 2: After you have been admitted to Truman, you will need to submit a separate ABSN application to apply for the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.