Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
If you have a bachelor’s degree, an associate’s degree or want to change majors, you can apply for our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN) program to become a nurse in as few as 15 months. This intense program combines classroom instruction, training in nursing simulation facilities, research opportunities, and extensive clinical experience.
This program prepares you for the National Council Licensure Examination-Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN®).
The ABSN program prepares you as a generalist in beginning positions in all areas of nursing practice, including maternal, child, mental, adult, and community health nursing. It also provides a foundation for graduate study in nursing.
Notable employers for our nursing graduates include:
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Children’s Mercy Hospital
- Mayo Clinic
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- Northeast Regional Medical Center
- University of Missouri Hospitals
First-time pass rate on NCLEX exam to become a licensed RN
first-year nursing students in incoming class
employment rate for our nursing graduates
students pursuing a nursing degree
Nursing Simulation Center
You can receive personalized instructions in the Nursing Simulation Center, which provides opportunities to practice your nursing and decision-making skills in a controlled environment.
With an emphasis on community-based nursing practice, you can engage in a wide range of clinical experiences:
- adult and obstetric acute care at Northeast Regional Medical Center
- geriatric and mental health experience through local agencies
- pediatric experiences in community, school settings and St. Louis Children’s Hospital, St. Louis, Mo.
Nursing Student Organizations
Get involved with organizations like the Nursing Student Association and Sigma Theta Tau International, a nursing honor society, to develop your leadership skills and strengthen your professional network.
Accreditation and Approval
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Truman State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org/).
Additionally, Truman’s nursing program is fully approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing (MSBN).
How to Apply
Applying for the nursing major is a two-step process:
- STEP 1: Apply to Truman using the undergraduate admissions application.
- STEP 2: After you have been admitted to Truman, you will need to submit a separate ABSN application to apply for the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
SUMMER START: Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Apply by July 1
Explore Related Programs
Nursing Major (BSN/Four-Year Program)