Admission to Nursing
How to Apply to Nursing Program
Admission to Truman’s nursing major (Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing) has similar criteria as admission to the University. Admission to the nursing major is competitive.
Truman requires two applications for admission to the nursing major:
STEP 1: You will need to be admitted to Truman prior to consideration of your application to nursing.
STEP 2: Once you have been admitted to Truman, you will need to complete one of these two applications:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- For first-year, change of major, and transfer students
- Requires four years of study for a total of 122 credits
- Fall Start—Apply by January 15
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
- For students with a previous bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, or change of major students
- Requires 15 months of study for the 53 nursing major credits
- Summer Start—Apply by July 1