Applying for Foundation Scholarships
Overview: Foundation Scholarships
Every year, the Truman State University Foundation awards scholarships to currently enrolled Truman students. The Foundation scholarships are financed by the contributions of alumni, friends, parents, faculty, staff, campus organizations, foundations and corporations who believe in Truman’s important mission.
Selection of Scholarship Recipients
Students must be enrolled as a full-time student at Truman to receive the full amount for a Truman State University Foundation scholarship. Students who are receiving institutional, state and federal aid that exceed the direct cost of tuition, room and board are excluded from the applicant pool for Foundation scholarships.
Factors which are considered for the awarding of Foundation scholarships to students are determined by the donor who established the scholarship so criterion varies from scholarship to scholarship. When you start the online application process for Foundation scholarships, you will automatically be considered for all Foundation scholarships for which you qualify. Submitting an application does not guarantee you will be awarded the scholarship — scholarship recipients are selected by a committee and notified by email.
Foundation scholarship applications are open several times a year. All Truman students receive email notifications with application information and deadlines, and application availability is also posted in the Truman Today campus newsletter, the University’s Calendar, and Truman’s Facebook page. Students currently enrolled at Truman can submit an application through TruView for a majority of the Foundation scholarships in February for scholarship funds that are distributed for the next academic year.
How to Apply
Before you begin
You must be currently enrolled as a full-time student at Truman before you can apply for Truman Foundation scholarships (Are you an incoming freshman? Your undergraduate application for admission to Truman provided automatic consideration for automatic and competitive scholarships so no additional steps are required by you. Additional scholarship information is available for transfer students and international students).
Current Truman students can apply for Foundation scholarships through TruView.
- To find the application for Foundation scholarships, log into TruView and go to the Student Tab→Student Finances→Foundation Scholarship Application.
- Complete the personal information page and then follow the two-step process to select scholarships you want to apply for (all the scholarships for which you qualify will automatically appear on your list of scholarship options).
NOTE: The list of scholarship options will vary depending on which scholarships are available at that point in time.
- You can revise your application at any time. At the deadline, the most recent submission for each scholarship will be the application considered by the committee.
- Email confirmations are sent within 24 hours for each application received. If you do not receive an email, your application was not received.
- Students selected to receive Foundation scholarships are notified by email.
- Students who receive a Foundation scholarship are required to write a letter of appreciation and submit a photo that is mailed to their scholarship donor.
Have questions? Email email@example.com.
There is always a need for more scholarships for Truman students. If you are interested in creating a scholarship or giving to an existing scholarship, see “Scholarships.”
"Truman State University prides itself in both its academic reputation as well as its affordable accessibility. These qualities are what drove me to Truman. I knew that I would receive a top-quality liberal arts education without plummeting far into student debt."
– Joe M., Mathematics & Physics Double Major