The women’s and gender studies minor takes a look at the ideas, approaches, and activism connected to gendered identities in conjunction with sexual orientation, race, class, culture, and public policy across many disciplines. Associated topics include feminist studies, masculinity studies, and sexuality studies. After learning the foundational themes related to gendered identities, you can choose courses from fields as diverse as English, communication, history, sociology, anthropology, political science, French, and others.
If you want to turn this interdisciplinary studies minor into a major, consider Truman’s interdisciplinary studies major.
- Co-Chair: Nancy Daley-Moore (Health and Exercise Sciences Department)
- Co-Chair: Vickie Mayer (Sociology, Anthropology and Justice Systems Department)
- Heidi Cook (Art + Design + Art History Department)
- Christine Harker (English and Linguistics Department)
- Emily Long Olsen (English and Linguistics Department)