We believe that Truman prepares students for lives that matter and our alumni prove this each and every day. We have alumni of all ages and all walks of life that are doing amazing things in their careers and personal lives. They strive to do their best, make a difference and continue to support the values that the University stands for.
It is so exciting to welcome our honorees back to campus during Homecoming weekend to recognize them at the Bulldog Forever Homecoming Celebration Banquet for their outstanding achievements.
Homecoming 2016 Honorees:
- Alumni of the Year: Dan Shepherd (’79) & Jan Shepherd (’76)
- Distinguished Service Awards: Ann Patterson (’72, ’73), Colleen Ritchie (’84)
- Young Alumni of the Year: Justis Tuia (’07)
- Bulldog Forever Volunteers of the Year: Marsha (James) Redmon (’79), Christopher Wiedmeyer (’96)
- Homecoming Parade Grand Marshal: Clifton “Dickie” Ray (’69, ’76)
- Alumni Chapter of the Year: NEMO Alumni Chapter
- Athletics Hall of Fame 2016 Inductees