The Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows is a competitive (six weeks) summer leadership program. This Program offers rising college juniors unparalleled opportunities in the nation’s capital and on the estate of America’s first president. Through academic workshops, experiential activities, and a capstone project, Mount Vernon Fellows get an opportunity to acquire skills that will shape them as confident, emerging leaders in a complex and ever-changing world.
Who Can Apply:
- Currently enrolled sophomore in good standing
- Demonstrated leadership ability and involvement
- Cumulative GPA 3.4 or higher
- Citizen of the United States of America
- Keen interest in American history
Students will be selected based on the eligibility criteria. Applications will be reviewed by the Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows Program selection committee, comprised of a diverse group of scholars, noted leaders, and educational professionals.
The Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows is a fully funded program. Information on award amount will be released after the application review and selection process.
“Becoming of the nation’s top leaders is within your reach. As a fully funded program generously supported by noted philanthropist and business leader David M. Rubenstein, the Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows Program offers each student a generous stipend as well as campus housing, meals, activities, and all transportation to and from Washington, D.C.”-Official Website
How to Apply:
A complete Mount Vernon Leadership Fellows application requires completion of the following components:
- Completed online application form
- Personal essay and statement of intent
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Current college transcript
- Applications Open: October 2020
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
- Washington, D.C. and Mount Vernon, VA
Access complete instructions at the official website by clicking here.
If you have any other questions or if we may be of further assistance, please contact the Graduate Office.