Master of Arts in Education

MAE: Undergraduate Transfer Student Process

If you plan to pursue a Master of Arts in Education at Truman, several courses at the undergraduate level meet state certification requirements for teachers, so it is important to meet with our Certification Officer as soon as possible to ascertain which courses you will need to complete at the undergraduate level.

In addition, there are required field experiences in the undergraduate program so it would be helpful for you to meet with our Director of Field Experiences.

Prospective Transfer Checklist

  1. Apply for admission to Truman as a transfer student (application for undergraduate students is free).
  2. Contact the Education Certification Officer/Assessment Coordinator:
    Charisse Hatfield
  3. Send transcripts to receive transfer credit evaluation. Official transcripts should be mailed to:
    Office of Admission
    Attn: Admission Counselor for Transfer Programs
    Truman State University
    100 E. Normal Ave.
    Kirksville, Missouri 63501
  4. Contact the Director of Field Experiences:
    Jeanne Harding
    Education Department
    (660) 785-4301

Related links

Pre-Education/MAE Program Admission Pathways for: