Situated in Kirksville, Missouri, Truman State University provides the perfect setting for the pursuit of a rich college experience. Take a virtual campus tour or visit us and explore our beautiful 140-acre campus.
Arrive by Car, Plane, Train or Bus
- Driving: Use step-by-step driving instructions on Google Maps.
- Airport: Fly into the Kirksville Regional Airport on Cape Air which offers daily flights between Kirksville and St. Louis.
- Train: The Amtrak Station in La Plata, Missouri, is only 15 miles south of Kirksville. Amtrak often offers special deals for students.
- Bus: Greyhound bus stops at a location on the north side of Kirksville. Service is available from most locations with transfers.
- Kirk-Tran: Kirksville's public transportation system runs two buses on its fixed route. Or you can also schedule a ride. View schedule/bus stops.
- Shuttle Train Airport Taxi: Cost - $15 from Kirksville to the Kirksville Regional Airport and $20 to the Amtrak Station in La Plata. There is a 50% discount if there are additional passengers in a group at the same pick up going to the same location. Children under 5 are free.
- Rite Away Taxi: Cost is around $15 to the Kirksville Regional Airport and around $20 to the Amtrak Station which is located in La Plata, Missouri, 15 miles south of Kirksville. Credit cards are accepted, but a small transaction fee is added to the bill. You should call in advance as the hours of availability are limited at times.
- Biking: Kirksville has numerous bike trails and marked bike routes, and many of our busiest roads have clearly marked bike lanes for safety.
Where is Kirksville, Missouri?
Located in the Midwest section of the United States, you will find Kirksville, home to Truman State University, in the northeast corner of Missouri.