Students (and even more often, their parents) often wonder what you can “do” with a History degree. The American Historical Association has a very useful blog that provides advice on how to prepare for the job market, as well as information on the types of careers undertaken by History graduates. The following are just a sample of the posts.
- Career Planning as an Undergraduate in History
- Entering the Job Market with a BA in History
- History is Not a Useless Major: Fighting Myths with Data
- How a Major in History Gives You the Intangible Edge
- From History to Logistics: How My Degree in History Helps My STEM Career
As students, Truman State University history majors pursue their curiosity and make connections. After they graduate, they take what they have learned to go out and make a difference in the world. Here’s a sampling showcasing the diverse and exciting professional opportunities our students have pursued after graduating from Truman.
Please send additions, corrections, and updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.