Join us for Homecoming on October 13-15, 2017!
Connect with Us
**Due to the forecast for Saturday, Oct, 14, the outdoor Homecoming activities are tentative**
5K Run/Walk: 8 a.m.
If there is light rain, the 5K will happen as scheduled. If there is thunder or lightning, it will be cancelled.
Parade: 9 a.m.
If there is light rain, the parade will happen as scheduled. If there is thunder or lightning, it will be postponed.
Pre-Game Tailgate: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- If there is light rain, the tailgate will continue as planned in the Tailgate lot at the corner of Patterson and Franklin.
- If there are thunderstorms, lightning, or high winds, the tailgate will be moved into the Student Union Building (SUB).
- The Pep Rally will take place in the SUB Georgian Rooms regardless of the weather on Saturday.
If the Pre-Game Tailgate is moved indoors, there will not be assigned tailgate locations nor tables for groups and organizations, however, we encourage you to still hang out as a group. Please remember that absolutely no alcohol, coolers or outside food is permitted inside the Student Union Building.
- Pep Rally, SUB Georgian Rooms
- Tailgate food from Sodexo (tickets required, $7), SUB Alumni Room; seating in the Hub, Main Street and the Georgian Room
- Football game will be lived streamed in the SUB Hub
- Hang out areas are in the SUB Hub, Main Street Market, and anywhere else you find a comfortable seat
- Alumni Center, SUB Down Under
Post-Game Tailgate/150th Celebration Concert: 5 p.m.
The Post-Game Tailgate/Concert is officially scheduled to take place indoors in the Student Union Building, regardless of the weather tomorrow:
- The 150th Celebration Concert, SUB Georgian Rooms
- Free tailgate food, SUB Georgian Rooms
- Free giveaways, SUB hub
Alumni, friends and families are invited back to campus to reconnect during Homecoming weekend 2017! Founded in 1867, we will be celebrating our University’s Sesquicentennial year (150) during the 2017-2018 academic year! Be sure to join us and gather with classmates, former roommates, professors and students.
Homecoming festivities include: 150th Celebration Concert and Post-Game Tailgate; Bulldog Forever Banquet with the Golden Alumni 50-Year Anniversary Diploma Ceremony, Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Homecoming Honorees; Pep Rally; 5K Run/Walk; Homecoming Parade; Bulldog Forever Homecoming Tailgate; Bulldog sporting events, Golden Alumni Class Reunion; department and organization receptions and much more. To purchase tickets or apparel, visit the online alumni store. A detailed schedule of events can be found online.
If you are a member of a class reunion year: 2007, 1997, 1992, 1987 or 1977…reserved seating will be offered Saturday at the luncheon at Bulldog Forever Tailgate (near the alumni tents).
Whether you graduated in 2017, 1957, somewhere in between or before, we hope you will return to campus and share in the legacy you helped build. All alumni, families, community members and friends are invited to join us for the Homecoming celebration!
Mark your calendars now for Homecoming 2018, October 12-14.
Alumni Center (Open Homecoming Weekend)
- Pick up Truman gifts for alumni (while supplies last)
- Purchase tickets for Homecoming events/pick up tickets ordered online via the Alumni Store
- Register for door prizes
- Buy apparel
- Leave messages for friends
- Enjoy FREE refreshments and drinks courtesy of the Truman Alumni Association
Down Under, located on the lower level of the Student Union Building
Friday, Oct. 13, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 14, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
Share a photo from Homecoming, wearing purple, or in your alumni apparel!
After graduation I moved to a new metro area. Connecting with other alumni in the Kansas City area has helped me discover some of the city’s best places for entertainment, shopping, dining and exploring. Joining the alumni chapter and participating in various events has been great because our Truman experience is an instant ice breaker.