Chemistry Facilities and Equipment
Students studying chemistry can pursue their curiosity in depth using our modern learning facilities.
Teaching and Research Laboratories
- Multiple teaching laboratories in Magruder Hall serve students in all areas of chemistry, including introductory courses and courses in organic, inorganic, physical, analytical, and biochemistry.
- Our teaching labs are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation that students use regularly.
- Students utilize computer-based data collection and analysis throughout the chemistry curriculum and in research laboratories.
Equipment and Instrumentation
- We have a wide range of modern instrumentation for atomic and molecular spectroscopy, chemical separations and electrochemistry as well as computational resources for advanced modeling of chemical systems.
- Our 400MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) instrument can perform state-of-the-art experiments.
- Hands-on experience with instrumentation in the teaching lab provides students with transferrable, marketable skills that are invaluable in research and industry.