Students studying chemistry can pursue their curiosity in depth using our modern learning facilities.
- Multiple teaching laboratories in Magruder Hall serve students in all areas of chemistry, including introductory courses and courses in organic, inorganic, physical, analytical, and biochemistry.
- Our teaching labs are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation that students use regularly.
- Students utilize computer-based data collection and analysis throughout the chemistry curriculum and in research laboratories.
Equipment & Instrumentation
- We have excellent modern atomic absorption, GCMS, FTIR, X-ray and HPLC instruments.
- Our 400MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) instrument can perform state-of-the-art experiments.
- The Department owns a single-crystal X-ray diffractometer that is capable of determining precise 3-D structures of molecules as they exist in crystals. Since very few undergraduate institutions nationally have a similar instrument, this adds to the quality of Truman Chemistry program.