We are so excited to have you living on campus! Evidence has shown time and again that students who live on campus perform better academically and are more connected socially. If you have any questions about the Housing Application process, please contact the Residence Life Office at email@example.com.
Note: This information is only for incoming First-Year students, exchange students, and new transfer students.
1. Submit your application to Truman
You must be admitted to Truman prior to gaining access to the housing application.
2 . Review the Housing Options available
You can choose from the six residence hall options — whether it is important to have a cafeteria in the building or a short walk to the Student Recreation Center, you can find a perfect place to call home.
3. Start your Housing Application on TruView
TruView serves as the one-stop hub to access information about university processes. Here you can start your Housing Application. Approximately two weeks after being admitted to Truman, you will receive instructions by mail on how to set up your TruView account. The packet will include your username and Truman Student ID number.
4. Submit your Housing Application and Fee/Deposit
Once you’ve submitted your Housing Application, you will still be able to modify your room preferences or roommate selections before May 1st or until you have selected a room, whichever occurs first. Please note, your Housing Application fee/deposit of $150.00 and must be paid to receive a housing placement ($125.00 is refundable if you cancel your admission to Truman prior to May 1st; $25.00 is a non-refundable processing fee.). You will need a major credit card or electronic check to submit your housing application fee/deposit online.
Directions to pay your Housing Application fee/ deposit:
- Log in to TruView using your Truman credentials
- Select “Accepted Student” tab
- Select “Housing Information”
- Select “Submit application fee/deposit” link
- There will be instructions listed explaining which options to select when making the payment.
- Please read these instructions closely to ensure payment is applied as a deposit.
- If you have additional questions related to paying your Housing Deposit, please contact Student Accounts at 660-785-4074.
The earlier you complete all of these steps the more likely you are to get the housing of your choice. Many students complete their housing materials as early as November.
To request accommodations, please contact: Office of Student Access and Disability Services, Pickler Memorial Library 109A, 100 E. Normal, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-785-4478, facsimilie 660-785-4011, and firstname.lastname@example.org.