Apply for Housing

We are so excited to have you living on campus! Evidence has proven time and again that students who live on campus perform better academically and are more connected socially.

Note: This information is only for new freshman students, exchange students, and new transfer students.

1. Apply to Truman

You must be admitted to Truman prior to gaining access to the housing application.

Start Admission Application

2 . Research Housing Options

You can choose from the six residence hall options — whether it is important to have a cafeteria in the building or a short walk to the Student Recreation Center, you can find a perfect place to call home.

Learn about Housing Options

3. Access TruView

All of our housing sign-ups are conducted online through Truman State University’s online student portal TruView. Approximately two weeks after being admitted to Truman, you will receive instructions by mail on how to set up your TruView account. The packet will include your username and Truman ID number.

Access TruView

4. Submit your Housing Application and Fee/Deposit

After submitting your housing application, you may return to the form to modify your room preferences or roommate selections before May 1 or until you have selected a room, whichever occurs first. Your housing application fee/deposit is $150 and must be paid to receive a housing placement. You will need a major credit card or electronic check to submit your housing application fee/deposit online. Assuming you treat your room well, you will get $125 back later. Additionally, if you cancel your admission to Truman in writing before May 1, you will be refunded $125 of the fee/deposit.

Submit Housing Application

The earlier you complete all of these steps the more likely you are to get the housing of your choice.  Many students complete their housing materials as early as November.

To request accommodations, please contact: Office of Student Access and Disability Services, Kirk Building 114B, 100 E. Normal, Kirksville, MO 63501, 660-785-4478, facsimilie 660-785-4011, and

Have questions about Residence Life, Housing, or On-Campus Dining?  Contact the Office of Residence Life at 660-785-4227 or