Mid-Year Student Staff Application for Spring 2020
Our student staff members work hard all year to create welcoming living environments, foster lasting relationships, and create a community of learning and development.
Being a student staff member takes initiative, resilience, and organizational skills. Throughout your time with us, you’ll develop as a leader, foster collaborative relationships with other departments, and learn your limits and find ways to move past them.
Please make sure to browse the information below carefully before moving on to the application. For any additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
Job Descriptions for 2019-2020:
- To ensure you understand the role/ responsibilities of the positions you are applying for, we will hold interest sessions to answer questions prior to submitting your application. Please note, you are not required to attend an Interest Session to apply for an open position.
- You’ll find the schedule of sessions in the timeline provided below.
- We require references from the following individuals:
- A current Student Staff member
- A current Truman Staff or Faculty member (We will not accept references from current Residence Life staff)
- Any non-family individual
- Other staff/faculty, advisors, teachers, coaches, or employers
- Ensure all contact information is accurate and that your references know to expect an email.
- We typically have more applications than available interview spots. As a result, we cannot offer interviews to all who apply.
- We will notify you via-email whether or not you are selected for an interview. If selected, we will also inform you of your interview day and time in that email.
- During the interviews you’ll be required to work in groups as well as have an individual interview with a Truman faculty, staff, or student staff.
Student Staff Application Timeline:
- November 11 – Applications open online
- November/ December – Interest Session
- November 14 at 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm in SUB 3201
- November 22 (11:55 pm)– Mid-year application is due
- December 2 – 11 – Interviews will be held (emails will be sent to confirm date/ time)
- December 20 – Position offers will be sent out via email
- December 30 – Due date to accept/ decline offer
- January 10 – First day to report for training (details communicated at a later date)