Our Student Advisors work hard all year to create welcoming living environments, foster lasting relationships, and create a community of learning and development.
Being a Student Advisor takes initiative, resilience, and organizational skills. Throughout your time with us, you’ll develop as a leader, foster collaborative relationships with other departments, and learn your limits and find ways to move past them.
Please make sure to browse the information below carefully before moving on to the application. For any additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to be notified when the application is available online? Click here to signup for an email notification.
- Spring 2022 Student Advisor – Residence Halls: We may have a small number of positions opening at semester. As you can see in the timeline below, the turnaround to apply for these positions is quick. These staff members will receive training in January to prepare to serve as a Student Advisor.
- 2022-2023 Student Advisor – Residence Halls: This is a full year SA position for the 2022-2023 academic year. These staff members will receive training in August to prepare to serve as a Student Advisor.
- 2022-2023 Student Advisor – Apartments: This is a full year SA position in Campbell Apartments for the 2022-2023 academic year. These staff members will receive training in August to prepare to serve as a Student Advisor.
You can apply for one, two, or all three of these positions by completing the single application linked at the bottom of this page.
- October 11, 2021: Application opens online
- October 18-22, 2021: Information Sessions
- October 25, 2021: Mid-Year Candidate Applications Due
- November 1-3, 2021: Mid-Year Candidate Interviews Begin
- January 17, 2022: Full-Year Candidate Applications Due
- January 31- February 4, 2022: Full-Year Candidate Interviews
- February 15, 2022: Full-Year Position Hiring Announcements
Please note: this timeline is subject to change as Truman adjusts the academic calendar and conditions on campus change in regards to the ongoing pandemic.
To ensure you understand the role/ responsibilities of the positions you are applying for, we will hold information sessions to answer questions prior to submitting your application. Please note, you are not required to attend an information session to apply for an open position. All sessions will have the same content.
- Monday, October 18, 8:30-9:30 PM
Centennial Hall Main Lounge
- Tuesday, October 19, 8:00-9:00 PM
West Campus Suites Multipurpose Room
- Wednesday, October 20, 7:30-8:30 PM
BNB 1 North Lounge
- Thursday, October 21, 7:00-8:00 PM
Ryle Hall Main Lounge
- We typically receive more applications than there are interview spots available. Invitations for interviews are not guaranteed for all application submissions.
- You will be notified via email regarding your application status, including offers to attend interviews and applicable dates, times, and locations.
- As we get closer to the interview period, we will update candidates on what types of interviews will be used and how to sign up for interview timeslots
- We require references from the following individuals:
- A Current Student Advisor: The perspective from someone currently in the role provides valuable insight. You will want to list the name and email address of a current SA or AM that can speak to your candidacy. It doesn’t have to be the SA or AM for your community, but it should be someone who knows you. If you currently live off-campus and do not have a current student advisor who can act as your reference, please list two independent references.
- Independent Reference: The second reference can be anyone outside of the Residence Life staff that can attest to your skills and character. This cannot be a family member or friend. Instead, think of people like previous supervisors at jobs you’ve held, teachers that advised a student organization, the leader in a service program you helped in, a professor at Truman that has gotten to know you, or anyone else who can provide an objective reference.
- Ensure all contact information is accurate and that your references know to expect an email.
If you have any questions about your application status or anything related to the hiring process, please email email@example.com.Apply Here
Truman State is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty, and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.