Spring Midterm Break Registration
In an effort to better serve the needs of our students, Residence Life allows on-campus residents to stay during designated breaks when the residence halls are closed during Spring Midterm break. Residents ideally will be able to stay in their current housing assignment, but pending hall staffing, may be asked to relocate to another on-campus space for the duration of break. A fee of $25.00 for each night will be assessed to the student’s Truman account to pay for staffing costs.
Spring 2021 Midterm Break: 6pm March 5th to 10am March 14th
Spring Midterm Break Registration will open Friday, February 12th at 8:00 am. The deadline to register/cancel registration without late charge for Spring Midterm Break is Friday, February 26th at 5:00pm
- During each break there will be one Professional Staff member on-duty
- Each area that has a resident staying in it will have one Student Staff member
- All hall desks will be closed. Mail and packages will be held at Mail Services and will not be received at the hall desks until Monday, March 15.
- ALL current on-campus residents MUST register to stay over breaks.
- To stay over break residents must sign up at least one week prior to the start of break.
- Perimeter Access will be provided through Student ID card ONLY to a resident’s building for the time they are registered.
- Depending on staff coverage, a resident may be asked to move to a temporary room in a different hall for the break.
- Residents will be charged $25.00 per night on campus or $150.00 for the entire break.*
- A $50.00 cancellation fee will be charged to any resident cancelling less than one week prior to the break.**
- A $50.00 late registration fee will be charged to any resident that signs up after the registration deadline.**
- Due to the exterior entrances, residents of the apartments will not be charged to stay over university breaks. However, you must still register to stay on-campus during the time the halls are closed.
- All residents must register to stay over break. Current on-campus residents are NOT allowed to remain over break as guests of another on-campus resident.
- Room keys and Perimeter Access cards will not be issued to any guest.
- All guests are expected to follow all University policies. Residents are responsible for the actions of their guests and are liable for any damages to University property caused by their guests.
- Due to COVID-19, non-Truman student guests are not allowed to stay overnight on campus during breaks. Off-campus Truman students must abide by the guest policy outlined on the Residence Life rules page.
- All residents staying over breaks must follow all RESIDENCE LIFE and UNIVERSITY STUDENT CONDUCT CODE policies.
- Any policy violations during break periods will be processed through the University conduct system.
- Residents who break policies over breaks may lose the opportunity to stay on campus for future breaks.
If you have any questions, concerns, or if you need to make changes to your reservation, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (660) 785-4227.