Throughout the semester, residents express interest in changing buildings/ rooms to find an assignment that best meets their housing needs. Below are the steps for navigating the Room Change Process.
- Navigate to the Housing Portal through TruView
- Click on Room Change Process (at the top).
- Follow the instructions to identify a room you are interested in moving to.
- If you select a completely open room, you must have a roommate move into that space with you. Both you and your new roommate will need to submit a “Room Change Request” form before a room change is processed. Completely open rooms are not available for Buy-out (BO). If you wish to select a buyout room, search for a Buyout (BO) space in the housing portal; Buyout (BO) spaces are listed as a room type on the “Rooms Availability” page.
- Connect with the current occupant(s) to ensure the roommate match will meet your housing needs.
- If the room is listed as a Buy-out or completely empty and you want to buy-out, you will not need to contact a current occupant.
- If the room is empty and you want to bring a roommate, you both need to submit this form.
- Complete and submit a Room Change Request
NOTE: Residents that initiate room changes without approval from Residence Life will be referred through the conduct process.
Spring 2021 room changes reopen on January 11, 2021, at 8 am.
The beginning of the semester tends to see a high volume of requests submitted. Please allow a couple of days for processing. A Residence Life staff member will contact you with any questions, concerns, or updates regarding your Room Change Request.
If you have any additional questions about the Room Change Process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residents that initiate room changes without approval from Residence Life will be referred through the conduct process.