Truman offers a Pre-Engineering Program in which you can take your first two years of undergraduate work at Truman to build the foundation you need to succeed in engineering school. You will then transfer to an engineering school of your choice where you can complete your undergraduate work and earn a Bachelor of Science in engineering.
All physics and mathematics courses taken at Truman are guaranteed to transfer to the University of Missouri-Columbia and Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, and usually transfer to other engineering schools as well.
Why Pre-Engineering Studies at Truman?
- Small classes and individualized attention from your professors
- Unique interdisciplinary opportunities for pre-engineering students
- A focus on developing communication and critical thinking skills
- Research opportunities for undergraduate students
- Ranked #1 public school in Midwest—U.S. News & World Report “Best Colleges”
The study of physics, mathematics, and other relevant disciplines helps prepare you for a variety of engineering careers from designing essential infrastructure to developing renewable energy sources to engineering technology that improves our lives.
Your academic advisor at Truman will assist you with everything you need to complete the pre-engineering requirements before transferring to an engineering school. Here's a sampling of potential courses.