Master’s International Program
Are you a future leader thinking about the Peace Corps? At Truman, you can use your Peace Corps experience toward a Master of Arts in Leadership. For students trying to decide between Peace Corps service and earning a master’s degree, the Master’s International program gives you the option of doing both.
Truman State University has partnered with the Peace Corps to offer the Master’s International program. Truman’s Peace Corps Master’s International Program allows students to pursue a Master of Arts in Leadership in conjunction with Peace Corps service. Students in the Peace Corps Master’s International program typically finish one year of graduate school in the U.S. before earning additional academic credit as a Peace Corps volunteer abroad. When they return, Master’s International students complete any remaining academic requirements for graduation.
The Master’s International program is an excellent opportunity for aspiring leaders to earn a master’s degree while gaining invaluable cross-cultural experience through Peace Corps Service.
- Earn a Master of Arts, while serving in the Peace Corps
- Apply your classroom knowledge in the field
- 9 hours of Truman credit earned while on assignment
- Affordable tuition
The Peace Corps Service also provides a variety of other benefits, including: (This is an excerpt taken from Peace Corps, Master’s International website)
- Living Allowance
- Vacation Time
- Full medical and dental coverage
- Student loan assistance, including deferment and/or cancellation of certain government-backed educational loans
- Transition funds after service
- Marketable professional skills through cross-cultural, language, and technical training
- Advantages in federal employment, such as noncompetitive eligibility for federal government jobs
- Transition job support services
- Opportunities for short-term assignments through Peace Corps Response
- Travel to and from country of service
- No fee to participate
For more information, contact:
Dr. Candy Young
Truman State University
McClain Hall 203
Additional information can be found on the Peace Corps website: Peace Corps | Masters International
December 10, 2018
All December graduates are invited to the Graduating Students Pizza Party sponsored by the Truman Alumni Association from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Dec. 12 in the Student Union Building Georgian Rooms.
December 10, 2018
Truman and MACC developed the TruMACC dual admission program in 2016, a collaborative program that allows students to be admitted and attend both schools simultaneously.