Apply to Master’s in Leadership Program

Master of Arts in Leadership
Application Deadlines:

  • Fall Semester: June 1
  • Spring Semester: November 1
  • Summer Semester: April 1


Application for Graduate & Non-Degree Seeking Admission
Current Truman students can access application through your Student tab on TruView


A $40 application fee is required before application will be processed (there is no application fee to apply as a non-degree seeking student). Pay online or mail to: Truman State University Graduate Office 100 E. Normal McClain 203 Kirksville, Mo 63501.

  • McNair Scholars please fill out the Certification of McNair Participation and Fee Waiver Request Form.  This can be mailed or brought to the Graduate Office, Truman State University, McClain 203, 100 E. Normal Ave., Kirksville, Mo. 63501.
  • The applications require Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded for free.
  • Once your online application and $40 fee have been received you will receive an email from the Graduate Office indicating receipt of your application and detailing what is still missing in order for your application to be considered complete and sent to the admissions committee for review. If you do not received this email one week after you have submitted your application and fee, please assume we have not received one of those two initial required items.

Leadership Application Checklist  

  • Online Degree Seeking Application & $40 Fee    
  • Statement of Career Goals (Upload in the Online Application)    
  • Resume (Upload in the Online Application)    
  • Three Letters of Recommendation (Submit recommender’s information in the Online Application)    
  • Transcripts from all colleges and universities from which you have earned college credit* (Upload in the Online Application)    
  • GRE Scores

*Applicants who attended or are attending Truman State University do not need to request Truman transcripts; they will be requested by the Graduate Office. All other applicants will need to submit transcripts from all institutions from which you have earned college credit (including high school dual credit).