MAE: Students with AAT Degree

Upon completion of an Associates of Arts in Teaching (AAT) degree from a community college, such as Moberly Area Community College, St. Charles Community College, and St. Louis Community College, you can transfer to Truman State University where you can complete your bachelor’s degree and apply to our Masters of Arts in Education (MAE) program.

Courses within the AAT core can count for some of Truman’s required pre-MAE coursework, including ED 388 Exploratory Field experiences and ED 389 Foundations of Education. Other courses in the AAT core are transferable as elective credits in Education.

For specific questions, contact our Certification Analyst, Sheila Berkowitz at

As a transfer student, I felt I had a unique experience at Truman. I transferred at the start of my junior year after graduating from a community college. When I first arrived, I had no idea in regards to how to build a résumé, interview, or interact with potential employers. Through organizations and personnel on campus, I was able to improve exponentially with these tasks after just one semester. I think it’s safe to say that although I put in semesters of hard work in order to get to where I am today, Truman provided me with the resources needed to obtain a job. I do not say this lightly as I know from experience other institutions simply lack the great resources Truman has to offer.

Drew G. ('15)