Truman’s Nursing Department prepares students with the comprehensive knowledge and application necessary to enter the field of nursing. Building on a foundational understanding of the sciences and humanities, students gradually advance toward nursing theories and implementation. Through the program’s liberal arts mission, nursing majors are ready to provide safe and effective care to patients and clients of all ages in a variety of healthcare settings.
Nursing Degree Options
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- For first-year, change of major, and transfer students
- Requires four years of study for a total of 122 credits
Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
- For students with a previous bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, or change of major students
- Requires 15 months of study for the 53 nursing major credits
Applying for the BSN or the ABSN is a two-step process:
- STEP 1: Apply to Truman using the undergraduate admissions application.
- STEP 2: After you have been admitted to Truman, you will need to submit a separate BSN application or ABSN application to apply for the nursing major.
FALL START: BSN
Apply by January 15
SUMMER START: ABSN
Apply by July 1
Accreditation and Approval
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Truman State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org/).
Additionally, Truman’s nursing program is fully approved by the Missouri State Board of Nursing (MSBN).