School of Arts and Letters: Music Department
The Music Department at Truman State University is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (since 1948) and offers an outstanding performance and academic background in the field of music, the opportunity to study private applied music with well-known artists/teachers, and the opportunity to participate in instrumental and choral ensembles with national reputations for excellence.
The Music Department will:
- attract a promising and diverse group of high achieving musician scholars who will become part of an academically rigorous arts community;
- provide challenging, comprehensive music instruction that will cultivate a depth of musical scholarship, pedagogy, and creative work within the breadth of a liberal arts context;
- enhance the culture of the university and surrounding communities;
- provide graduates with qualifications and experience to succeed professionally or in graduate study;
- cultivate a nationally recognized community of students, faculty, and alumni.
For More Information
December 15, 2020
Truman and the Lyceum Committee are pleased to bring performances directly to your home this season. Please join us (virtually) on December 17th at 7:00 p.m. (CST) as alumnus Dominic Armstrong (’02) brings a joyous concert celebrating Beethoven’s 250th birthday and the holiday season. Dominic will be joined by his wife, soprano Ashley Emerson, as […]
November 18, 2020
The Missouri Music Teachers Association hosts an annual statewide competition, and this year Truman was well represented with numerous students receiving awards in the Collegiate Woodwind category. These students worked above and beyond by learning three contrasting solos, paying the extra audition and accompanist fees, and making/uploading their audition videos. It was an extremely beneficial learning […]