School of Arts and Letters: Music Department
The Music Department at Truman State University is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (since 1948) and offers an outstanding performance and academic background in the field of music, the opportunity to study private applied music with well-known artists/teachers, and the opportunity to participate in instrumental and choral ensembles with national reputations for excellence.
The Music Department will:
- attract a promising and diverse group of high achieving musician scholars who will become part of an academically rigorous arts community;
- provide challenging, comprehensive music instruction that will cultivate a depth of musical scholarship, pedagogy, and creative work within the breadth of a liberal arts context;
- enhance the culture of the university and surrounding communities;
- provide graduates with qualifications and experience to succeed professionally or in graduate study;
- cultivate a nationally recognized community of students, faculty, and alumni.
For More Information
September 25, 2020
Dr. Hyejin Cho signed a contract for the Orpheus Classical label to record piano works of Robert Schumann. The album will be available in all the online platforms of digital distribution including Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Deezer, Rhapsody in May 2021. Also Dr. Cho is having an active performing schedule as a performing artist in […]
April 22, 2020
Congratulations to our students who are moving on to graduate school! Hannah Gallamore has been accepted into the PhD/Artist Certificate degree program at the University of Miami (FL) for this Fall. She has also been awarded a teaching assistantship. Christian Kuhluman, has been accepted into the MM Performance degree program at Colorado State University. He […]