School of Arts and Letters: Music Department
The Music Department at Truman State University is fully accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (since 1948) and offers an outstanding performance and academic background in the field of music, the opportunity to study private applied music with well-known artists/teachers, and the opportunity to participate in instrumental and choral ensembles with national reputations for excellence.
The Music Department will:
- attract a promising and diverse group of high achieving musician scholars who will become part of an academically rigorous arts community;
- provide challenging, comprehensive music instruction that will cultivate a depth of musical scholarship, pedagogy, and creative work within the breadth of a liberal arts context;
- enhance the culture of the university and surrounding communities;
- provide graduates with qualifications and experience to succeed professionally or in graduate study;
- cultivate a nationally recognized community of students, faculty, and alumni.
For More Information
November 4, 2019
The percussion trio TROIKA will perform a guest artist concert at 8 p.m. Nov. 8 in Ophelia Parrish Performance Hall. Originally from New York City, the trio specializes in performances of new works for percussion written by some of today’s most innovative composers. In addition to traditional percussion instruments, they will be utilizing an array […]
October 23, 2019
October 25-26 All events Free and Open to the Public Friday Concert: 8:00 PM – Performances by Faculty and students, closing with Cantoria, Truman’s a capella choir. (Ophelia Parrish Performance Hall) Saturday Concerts: 3:00 PM – Truman student musicians give a recital of contemporary works (OP 2350) 4:15 PM – Artist-talk with special guest Ivette […]