At Truman, you cultivate the curiosity that leads to discovery through the wide variety of internships opportunities available to English, Linguistics, and Creative Writing students.
The Power of the Internship Experience
Internships are all about extending your learning outside the classroom so you can gain the type of practical, hands-on experience that propels you above the competition in the job market. Test drive a career, make connections, and build marketable skills while learning how to take the skills and theories you learn in class and applying them to real-life situations.
Internship Application Form
Examples of Internship Opportunities for English, Linguistics, and Creative Writing Students
- Andrew McMeel Publishing; Kansas City, Mo.
- AFL-CIO; Chester, N.H.
- Campus Christian Fellowship; Kirksville, Mo.
- Barnes Jewish Hospital; St. Louis, Mo.
- Bernstein Rein Advertising; Kansas City, Mo.
- Cerner Corporation; Kansas City, Mo.
- Cine Mosaic; New York City, N.Y.
- Country Music Hall of Fame Library; Nashville, Tenn.
- Cushman Amberg Communications; St. Louis, Mo.
- Fair Vote; Washington, D.C.
- Hallmark; Kansas City, Mo.
- Michael D. Griffiths, Attorney; Hillsboro, Mo.
- Missouri Folklore Society; Kirksville, Mo.
- Missouri Government Internship Program; Jefferson City, Mo.
- Missouri Historical Society; St. Louis, Mo.
- Midwestern Seminary; Kansas City, Mo.
- National Public Radio; Washington D.C.
- Nighttimes.com; St. Louis, Mo.
- On Cue Strategies; Des Moines, Iowa
- PROMO; St. Louis, Mo.
- Publishing Concepts; St. Louis, Mo.
- Push America; Charlotte, N.C.
- Revere Mainstream Theater; Kirksville, Mo.
- Rolla Daily News; Rolla, Mo.
- Ronald McNair Summer Research Internship; Kirksville, Mo.
- Sentient Publications; Boulder, Colo.
- Southeastern Missourian; Cape Girardeau, Mo.
- Society of Professional Journalists; Chicago, Ill.
- Stephen Ministries; St. Louis, Mo.
- Student Press Law Center; Washington, D.C.
- Summer Play Festival, New York City; N.Y.
- Teaching Conversational English as a Foreign Language; China
- TEFLA Internship; Shuizhai, China
- Truman State University Press; Kirksville, Mo.
- US Department of State; Washington, D.C.
- University of Capetown; Capetown, South Africa
- Walt Disney World
- Zen Del Secondary School; Taiwan
My Intro to Literary Theory classes really opened my eyes to what literary criticism is all about and ways of understanding literature I had been missing.