The application process for Art Department Scholarships is open only to incoming freshmen or transfer students.
Scholarship amount is generally $500 for one academic year ($250 per semester) but may vary depending on funds available and number of strong applications received.
- High school graduates and transfer students with artistic aptitude who plan to pursue a degree in Art History, Studio Art or Graphic Design at Truman State University are eligible.
- All art scholarship recipients must be a degree-seeking art major.
- All art scholarships recipients must be enrolled as a full-time student for the academic year.
Application deadlines and timeline
- January 18, 2022 – preferential consideration for scholarship given to applications received by this date
- February 8, 2022 – official announcement of initial scholarship awards
- March 14, 2022 – secondary consideration for scholarships given to applications received by this date
- April 4, 2022 – official announcement of final scholarship awards
- June 1, 2022 – confirmation of acceptance of scholarship due, otherwise scholarship will be cancelled
For those wishing to submit art/design work portfolios must contain at least one work demonstrating the use of color and at least one drawing from direct observation (not copied from a photograph) – PDF files preferred but JPG will also work. Six examples should be submitted. Include a text file (txt, word, or pdf) providing title, media, and dimensions.
For those wishing to submit writing and research work portfolios supply three writing samples. Citation and bibliography recommended – PDF files preferred but Word will also work. Include a text file (txt, word, or pdf) providing a brief description of the assignment for which the samples were produced.
Submit portfolios using this Google form.